How tests are run¶
When running tests Avocado-VT will:
- Get a dict with test parameters
- Based on these params, prepare the environment - create or destroy vm instances, create/check disk images, among others
- Execute the test itself, that will use several of the params defined to carry on with its operations, that usually involve:
- If a test did not raise an exception, it PASSed
- If a test raised a TestFail exception, it FAILed. Otherwise, it ERRORed.
- Based on what happened during the test, perform cleanup actions, such as killing vms, and remove unused disk images.
The list of parameters is obtained by parsing a set of configuration files The command line options usually modify even further the parser file, so we can introduce new data in the config set.